Keen for a kunanyi/Mt Wellington mountain biking adventure? Try an exhilarating ride from the top of the mountain down to Hobart, or the popular North-South Track from The Springs out to Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park.
- Stay safe on the mountain. kunanyi/Mt Wellington is a beloved natural playground for the people of Hobart and everyone who visits the mountain every year. If you’re not prepared, the weather conditions can be dangerous.
- Choose a mountain bike trail to suit your level of experience, the weather conditions and time available. It’s also important to familiarise yourself with the route and let your driver know your expected time of return. Find detailed trail information at Greater Hobart Trails and Wellington Park Management Trust.
- Take a map with you. Shared use tracks on the eastern slopes of kunanyi/Mt Wellington are clearly marked on the Wellington Park map. Ask your driver for a complimentary map.
- Weather conditions can change quickly on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Cold temperatures, snow, low cloud, heavy rain and high winds are not uncommon, even in summer. So check the weather before you go.
- Some of the trails in Wellington Park are shared with bushwalkers and/or dog walkers. Please respect each other, the track and the park. View the Track Users Code.
- Minimise your impact on the natural environment. Your actions today affect Wellington Park tomorrow.
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus is able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. We don’t mind if you bring your own bike or hire one from a local bike hire company.
To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to include bike freight ($10 per bike) at the time of booking your Explorer Pass or One-Way Pass, at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Bikes MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure. Please return your signed Bike Agreement to kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus before your tour.
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus offer FREE bike freight for greater Hobart residents with the purchase of an Explorer Pass, One-Way Pass or Mt Wellington + City Loop Combo. At the time of booking, passengers must show their current ID with residential address. For this purpose, we have identified greater Hobart residents are those living within 60kms of Hobart. Offer is not valid with the purchase of sectional fares.
Please note: One-Way Passes and Bike Freight are not available on Snow Tours.
kunanyi/MT WELLINGTON MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAILS
kunanyi/Mt Wellington mountain biking experiences range from road riding to advanced cross-country tracks. We’ve compiled a list of our favourites.
Photo: North-South Track, Flow Mountain Bike.