CITY TO SNOW (2.5 hr Return Tour)
City To Snow Shuttle | Departs Daily | 2.5 Hour Return Tour
Join us for a special snow tour experience on Hobart’s iconic kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Enjoy the 2.5 hour return tour from Hobart, including time to play and have fun in the snow. On a clear day, take in the spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania.
If there’s snow on the mountain, we can take you there! kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus have exclusive and unique access to kunanyi/Mt Wellington when Pinnacle Road is closed due to snow.
Admire the snow-covered landscape of kunanyi/Mt Wellington as you lay in the snow to make snow angels, throw a few snow balls or build your very own snowman. Then hop back on the heated bus to make your return journey to Hobart. A truly memorable experience for anyone who has never seen snow before!
Enjoy professional and informative commentary from your driver, revealing insights into the connection between the people of Hobart and their beloved mountain.
Please note: This snow tour is highly weather dependent, and we do not guarantee to be able to reach The Pinnacle on snow days. The itinerary may vary on the day for reasons of passenger safety and comfort. One-Way Passes, Hop-On Hop-Off and Bike Freight are not available on Snow Tours.
Adult (17+ years): $40
Concession (Students/Seniors): $35
Child (6–16years): $25
Infant (<5 years): No charge
2.5 hour return tour (approx.) from Hobart to the snow on kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
Opposite the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building).
Departure times may vary on snow days.
7 days a week, all year round (weather dependent).
Closed Christmas Day (25 December)
- 2.5 hr return tour (approx.) from Hobart city to the snow on kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
- Professional and informative commentary.
- Free Wi-Fi is available onboard the bus.
THE SPRINGS TO SNOW
If you’re not able to join the tour in Hobart, make your own way to the closed gates at The Springs on Pinnacle Road instead. Then join us for a special experience to travel up into the snow on Hobart’s iconic kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Enjoy the 1 hour return tour, including time to play and have fun in the snow. On a clear day, take in the spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania.
Adult (17+ years): $25
Concession (Students/Seniors): $20
Child (6–16years): $20
Infant (<5 years): No charge
GOOD TO KNOW
- Pre-booking is essential for this tour. Bookings are made available once we have a reliable forecast for snowy conditions on kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket, gloves and a beanie and check the weather before you go.
- Snowfall can occur on kunanyi/Mt Wellington at any time of year. However, snowfall is more likely to occur overnight during the cooler months from May to September and on the higher elevations of the mountain.
- Bring your own water bottle (or thermos) as there’s limited access to drinking water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
- Our primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. However, some bus services may not be wheelchair accessible. So it’s most important to let us know before your tour. Reserve a wheelchair space when you book. Simply fill in the “Special Requirements” field. Or contact our booking office to discuss any specific needs and we’ll certainly do our best to assist. Phone +61 3 6236 9116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our Accessible Travel page for further details.