EXPLORER PASS (2hr Return Tour)
City To Summit Shuttle | Departs Daily | 2 Hour Tour | Hop-On Hop-Off
The kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus departs daily from Hobart’s waterfront to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Rising 1270 metres above sea level, experience spectacular views over Hobart and southern Tasmania.
At the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington, you’ll have 30 minutes to visit the observation shelter and take in panoramic views from the lookouts before boarding the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus and returning back down the mountain to Hobart.
OR, if you’re looking for a little more adventure, you have the option to hop-on and hop-off at five Wellington Park bus stops to explore a wide range of short walks or mountain bike trails on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. The mountain features a surprisingly diverse landscape from shaded fern gullies to tall eucalypt forests and alpine boulder fields. Enjoy the natural beauty and serenity of kunanyi/Mt Wellington at your own pace and then hop-on a later bus to return to Hobart.
Enjoy professional and informative commentary from your driver as you learn all about the history and wildlife of Hobart’s beloved kunanyi/Mt Wellington, significant landmarks and local tips on what to see and do on the mountain.
Bus pass valid all day.
kunanyi/MT WELLINGTON BUS STOPS
Fern Tree Park
Adult (17+ years): $35
Concession (Students/Seniors): $30
Child (6–16years): $25
Infant (<5 years): No charge
2 hour return tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including 30 minutes on the summit.
Opposite the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building).
If you’ve booked bike freight, your bike MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
SUMMER (October – April)*: 9.30am, 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm, 3.30pm.
WINTER (May – September)*: 9.30am, 12pm, 2.30pm.
*Timetable may vary on snow days.
7 days a week, all year round.
Closed Christmas Day (25 December)
- Explorer Pass for kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus.
- Professional and informative commentary.
- Complimentary Wellington Park bushwalking map.
- Free Wi-Fi is available onboard the bus.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Pre-booking is essential for this tour.
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket and check the weather before you go.
- Visit our Map & Timetable page to plan your day on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. There’s also a range of activities listed on our Bushwalking and Mountain Biking pages.
- There’s limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to include bike freight ($10 per bike) at the time of booking your bus pass, at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Bikes MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
- Our primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. However, some services may not be wheelchair accessible. Please contact our booking office by phone on +61 3 6236 9116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm which departures are wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please let us know by filling in the “Special Requirements” field at the time of booking.